NEWS UPDATE: 12TH FEBRUARY 2020
Thanks to Dario, Michael, Peter, Rory, Alex, and EnoWeb's own newsbot Tom Boon in no particular order for these news items.
Brian and Roger Eno will be speaking on Michael Engelbrecht's radio programme Klanghorizonte on 15th February, albeit in separate segments. For the first time on air, they will be discussing aspects of their forthcoming album Mixing Colours. Brian will also speak about two tracks – and their context in his work – from Drums Between The Bells (with Rick Holland) and High Life (with Karl Hyde), as part of the show's third themed hour titled Das Dunkle Leuchten or Homegrown Sounds for Future Space Retreats – a mixtape of Brian’s work between 2010 and 2020.
Klanghorizonte is broadcast on the Deutschlandfunk radio station in Germany from 1:05am CET, and will thereafter be available for streaming on demand during the following 7 days for those of us who need our beauty sleep at the actual time it goes out.
Peter Chilvers has made seven short films to accompany tracks from Mixing Colours, in some sort of collaboration with Brian. The first is available now.
Víkingur Ólafsson got a photo with Brian and Roger last November.
When You REACH KYOTO, SEND A POSTCARD IF YOU CAN
Paul Stolper Gallery is publishing a new set of postcards by Brian Eno. There are 29 litho printed cards in the collection featuring reproductions of his work, and Brian has written an introductory essay for the accompanying booklet. The postcards are presented in boxes with a choice of four colours.
- Paul Stolper
- 13+ minutes of offcuts, insets, noises off, and snatches of music, from a report on Light Music at Paul Stolper in 2016
MORE THAN ONE WORD
He speaks, and he is recorded.
- Yanis Varoufakis and Brian Eno on Money, Power and a Call to Radical Change – a longer video version of the Intelligence Squared discussion released as audio last year
- Ecki Stieg interviews Brian in 1992; most of Brian's answers are spoken over with German translation, but you can hear the odd bit
- It's the golden era of 2015, and a youthful fresh-faced Brian Eno extols the virtues of then-Great-White-
ElephantHope-Labour-Party-leadership-candidate Jeremy Corbyn
He writes, and he is rendered in pixels.
- Brian makes one of his popular Cassandra-like political prognosticatory pronouncements to friends in Europe on the topic of Brexit
ON THE WRITE ROED
21st February sees the release of The Book, the autobiography of musician and artist Hans-Joachim Roedelius in English-language translation. He's had a long life and strange career, of which his work with Brian is only a tiny fraction. You get a Foreword by Brian, a signed art print, and a unique telling of a life story. The book is exclusively available from Curious Music.
Appearing under the names of Musiker J. Peter Schwalm and Film-maker Sophie Clements is this Schwalm-Eno track "One Side" from 2004.
- "One Side" (updated link)
STRAW IN THE WIND
Brian is apparently one of 50+ artists invited to propose artworks and projects in response to the climate emergency by Serpentine Galleries. But we don't know any more about that. It's even possible that this is just a reference to the We Make Tomorrow summit mentioned below.